1. All electronic devices sold at Silicon Valley Computers Stores are warranted for a minimum of two years except for accessories and peripherals.*
2. The original invoice is required to verify the serial number and validate the warranty period in order to benefit from warranty services.
3. Warranty Providers:
3.1 The device’s warranty is provided by the manufacturer or their Agent/Importer and the customer must contact them directly to receive warranty services as per the rules and regulations.
3.2 Warranty services provided by the Agent/Importer are not the responsibility of Silicon Valley Computer Stores. This includes spare part availability, repair period and/or quality of repair. The customer is to contact the warranty service provider directly in case of complaints or any other concern.
3.3 Silicon Valley Computer Stores provides its own warranty on some devices in order to ensure the highest quality of service. Customers can contact us for more information.
4. General Warranty Policies:
4.1 The warranty repair period is determined as 15 days for failures that are covered under warranty.**
4.2 Warranty is provided by replacing defective spare parts in case of a factory defect and not necessarily by replacing the device or refunding its value. Failures resulting from the following scenarios are excluded from warranty service:
• Misuse of the device or not following the proper usage instructions as provided in the device manual found inside the box or the instructions given on webpages or digital agreements upon the device’s activation
• Breakage or physical damage as well as exposing the device to external elements such as liquids, humidity or extreme temperatures.
• Unauthorized repair attempts that result in damaging the device as well as using non-SASO certified spare parts.
• Deleting Operating System files, hard-disk partitions or virus related issues.
4.3 Customers may receive a loan unit or (1÷400) of the device’s value in case there is a delay in sourcing the spare parts, the repair cycle or manufacturing defect.
4.4 Customers are eligible for a replacement after paying the fair usage price*** or a refund after deducting the fair usage value*** in the cases that are qualified under the rules, regulations and laws of the Ministry of Commerce and Industry of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
4.5 Service providers are obliged to transport customer units free of charge from remote locations that are not covered by their service networks as well as applying the rules and regulations
4.6 The life-cycle of devices may differ from one another and customers can review the device manual or contact the manufacturer for more details.
5. Free Delivery Service:
5.1 For your convenience, Silicon Valley Computer Stores provides a free of charge delivery service of your devices to service providers on some products (In-Warranty devices only).
5.2 Customers have the right to directly approach warranty service providers even if the Free Delivery Service is available for their products.
5.3 The Free Delivery Service is not considered as a repair procedure.
5.4 Silicon Valley Computer Stores provides contact details of the warranty service provider as well as the device’s work order number so that customers can follow up with the warranty service provider directly and submit their requests if any. In all cases, it is the warranty service provider’s responsibility towards the customer to provide the warranty service and apply the rules and regulations.
5.5 The Free Delivery Service requires four to seven days at the most and this time period is not counted within the repair period.
5.6 To benefit from this service, customers need to bring their devices to Silicon Valley Computer Stores’ Technical Support inside the showrooms where available.
5.7 Customers can contact us to know which products are covered with the Free Delivery Service.
Silicon Valley Computer Stores has the right to stop the Free Delivery Service on some products without a prior notice if there is no impact on the General Warranty Policies.
** might require longer period for out-of-warranty repairs depending on the spare parts required.
*** Fair usage and depreciation are calculated at 5% for each month that passes from the date of purchase given that their value does not exceed 80% of the product’s value.
Immediate replacement of defective products
• Silicon Valley Computer Stores are committed to replace the defective device (non-software) within three (3) days from the date of purchase according to the following conditions:
1. The device must be free from scratches or misuse.
2 - Bring the original box with all the accessories and user manuals inside.
3. A report may be required from the authorized maintenance agent prior to the replacement.
For purchases through the website
1- The return period is calculated from the date of receipt.
- Cancellation of an order for custom build computers subject 5% installation and labor services and addition of %5 re-stocking fee of the total value addition to the shipping fee back and forth